Here are my revision objectives:
- Resolve all collected and not-yet-resolved comments.
- Make each POV character's inner monolog, and all characters' spoken lines, consistent and distinctive.
- Make sure each POV character has at least one crisp sub-plot running all the way through and clearly resolving, and clear, sympathetic and true-to-life motivations throughout with respect to the main plot.
- Add steampunkiness! (Victorian dress details, machines!)
- Smooth narrative flow, eliminate infelicitous word choices, and increase vividness of prose generally.
I plan to work all the way through one time for each POV character. I am hoping to get through each character's work in one day, which would make this a six-day task. In bocca al lupo!